Saturday, July 26, 2014

I Like Being a Congressman by Diana Miller

I like being a Congressman    
The job is mighty fine      
I only work two days a week  

Taxpayers do not whine    

I make the laws and write the checks
And help the country run
I Meet the Press & Morning Joe
And maybe shoot a gun

I get to visit ‘round  the world
And never pay a dime
Taxpayers fund my every trip
I’m smiling all the time

My staff  talk to the taxpayers
I’m too busy for that
Lobbyists need all of my time
Get money for a chat

I get to get away with lots
Emptying the coffers
The more I spend the more I get
Taking Lobby offers

I have the power of the state
I control the nation
People die without my vote
While I take a vacation

Hungry children and starving Vets
Their lives depend on me
But businesses don’t want to pay
So I just wait and see

This black man in the White House
Has really made me mad
I sit and stew and do nothing
And make my people sad

But that’s OK, Yes, that’s alright
Big business has my back
While people starve and people die
I fill my money sack

Millions of dollars I rake in
But it doesn’t help the people
Because to get elected now
I have to fool the sheeple

I spend all my time complaining
That the President is wrong
He’s trying to fix the nation
He’s trying to be strong

But that won’t do, no not at all
How dare he do his job
While Congress sits and does nothing
Stirring up a lynch mob

You see, I have the citizens
Wrapped around my fingers
I hide behind Rush, Beck, & Fox
Though the stench still lingers

I have the people where I want
Believing that I care
I smile at them and lie to them
And say, “It’s good, I swear”

And if that doesn’t work for me
I have my own goon squad
I’ll cry & pray & tell them all
That I was sent by God

You see that Christianity
Is good for politicians
God Bless America, Amen
Puts you ahead of competition

I want the sheeple dumb and poor
Uneducated’s best
The less I spend on them, you see,
The more they’ll work for less

If taxpayer’s should get upset
If they should ask for more
I’ll simply tell them we can’t help
And start another war

If taxpayers ever catch on
It still won’t hurt me, see
When I leave here I’ll have a job
Working for a Lobby

I like being a Congressman
This job, it has its perks
I lie and steal from everyone
And you’re the one who works



Find us on Twitter: @PDMFNB  Hashtag: #PDMFNB



No comments:

Post a Comment